Armox Plate: Properties, Grades, and weight chart
Armox Plate: High-Strength Protection
Armox plate is a high-strength steel plate designed to provide excellent protection against ballistic threats, explosive blasts, and other forms of physical impact. This material is commonly used in applications such as military and civilian vehicles, armored personnel carriers, and other types of armored equipment.
Armox plate is manufactured by SSAB, a global steel company that specializes in high-strength steels. The material is produced using a unique process that involves quenching and tempering, which gives it superior strength and durability. It is also available in various thicknesses and grades, depending on the specific requirements of the application.
One of the main advantages of Armox plate is its ability to withstand high-velocity impacts from bullets and other projectiles. This makes it an ideal material for use in military and law enforcement vehicles, where protection against small arms fire is critical. Armox plate is also used in civilian vehicles that require protection against carjacking and other forms of criminal activity.
In addition to ballistic protection, Armox plate is also highly effective at resisting explosive blasts. It can absorb the shockwave and fragmentation that results from an explosion, which helps to protect the occupants of the vehicle or structure. This is particularly important in military applications, where protection against improvised explosive devices (IEDs) is a top priority.
Armox plate is available in several different grades, each of which is designed to provide a specific level of protection. The most common grades include Armox 370T, Armox 440T, and Armox 500T. These grades offer varying levels of protection against ballistic threats and explosive blasts, depending on the specific needs of the application.
Uses of Armox plate
Armox plate is commonly used in a variety of applications where high-strength steel plate is required for protection against ballistic threats, explosive blasts, and other forms of physical impact. Some common uses of Armox plate include:
- Military vehicles and equipment: Armox plate is frequently used in military vehicles, such as tanks, armored personnel carriers, and other combat vehicles, to provide protection against small arms fire, improvised explosive devices (IEDs), and other threats.
- Law enforcement vehicles and equipment: Police vehicles, SWAT team vehicles, and other law enforcement vehicles often incorporate Armox plate to provide protection against gunfire and other threats.
- Civilian vehicles: Armox plate can be used in civilian vehicles, such as high-value transport vehicles and security vehicles, to provide protection against carjacking and other forms of criminal activity.
- Buildings and structures: Armox plate can be incorporated into the design of buildings and structures to provide blast protection, such as in embassy buildings and other high-risk facilities.
- Mining equipment: Armox plate is used in mining equipment, such as dump trucks and excavators, to provide protection against rocks and other debris that can cause damage or injury.
- Industrial equipment: Armox plate can be used in industrial equipment, such as bulldozers and cranes, to provide protection against impact and other types of damage.
Grade Chart of Armox plate
|Grade||Thickness (mm)||Hardness (HBW)||Yield Strength (MPa)||Tensile Strength (MPa)|
It’s important to note that the properties of each grade may vary slightly depending on the thickness of the plate. Additionally, SSAB can provide customized solutions that may not fall under the standard grade specifications listed in this chart.
Standard Size and Thickness chart
|Thickness (mm)||Standard Size (mm)|
|2.0||2500 x 12000|
|2.5||2500 x 12000|
|3.0||2500 x 12000|
|4.0||2500 x 12000|
|5.0||2500 x 12000|
|6.0||2500 x 12000|
|8.0||2500 x 12000|
|10.0||2500 x 12000|
|12.0||2500 x 12000|
|16.0||2500 x 12000|
|20.0||2500 x 12000|
|25.0||2500 x 12000|
|30.0||2500 x 12000|
|35.0||2500 x 12000|
|40.0||2500 x 12000|
|45.0||2500 x 12000|
|50.0||2500 x 12000|
|55.0||2500 x 12000|
|60.0||2500 x 12000|
|70.0||2500 x 12000|
|80.0||2500 x 12000|
|90.0||2500 x 12000|
|100.0||2500 x 12000|
|120.0||2500 x 12000|
|130.0||2500 x 12000|
|140.0||2500 x 12000|
|150.0||2500 x 12000|
|160.0||2500 x 12000|
Again, it’s important to note that the standard sizes and thicknesses available may vary depending on the specific grade of Armox plate chosen, so it’s important to consult with a specialist to determine the appropriate size and thickness for your specific needs.
Armox plate weight calculation formula
To calculate the weight of Armox plate, you can use the following formula:
Weight (kg) = Length (m) x Width (m) x Thickness (mm) x Density (kg/m³)
- Length and width are in meters (m)
- Thickness is in millimeters (mm)
- Density of Armox plate is typically 7.85 g/cm³ or 7850 kg/m³
For example, to calculate the weight of a piece of Armox plate that is 2.5 meters long, 1.5 meters wide, and 10 mm thick:
Weight = 2.5m x 1.5m x 10mm x 7850kg/m³ Weight = 294.4 kg
So the weight of this particular piece of Armox plate would be 294.4 kg.
Overall, Armox plate is a highly effective material for providing protection against a wide range of threats. Its superior strength, durability, and resistance to ballistic and explosive impacts make it an ideal choice for military, law enforcement, and civilian applications.
Read More Exploring The Strengths Of Weldox, Domex, Hardox, Docol, And Armox Plates: Grades And Weight Calculation Formulas Demystified
Comments are closed.